If we all listened to our mothers’ advice, I have a feeling the world would be a better place. Don’t take it from me, though; take it from Booth newcomer A Rapper Name Dame, who laments his failure to what his Mama Told Me on his latest single (a Booth-exclusive world premiere). With Corporal Music‘s cinematic strings and handclap percussion as his backdrop, the H-Town native spits about the heavy price one pays for straying from the straight-and-narrow. Soul heavyweight John Legend guests, contributing his original vocals to the hook. Dame’s latest mixtape, City of Syrup State of Mind Vol. 3 has yet to receive a drop date—keep it locked for the latest release details!
Written by richard on 08/3/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.