If we all listened to our mothers’ advice, I have a feeling the world would be a better place. Don’t take it from me, though; take it from Booth newcomer A Rapper Name Dame, who laments his failure to what his Mama Told Me on his latest single (a Booth-exclusive world premiere). With Corporal Music‘s cinematic strings and handclap percussion as his backdrop, the H-Town native spits about the heavy price one pays for straying from the straight-and-narrow. Soul heavyweight John Legend guests, contributing his original vocals to the hook. Dame’s latest mixtape, City of Syrup State of Mind Vol. 3 has yet to receive a drop date—keep it locked for the latest release details!
Written by richard on 08/3/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.