If we all listened to our mothers’ advice, I have a feeling the world would be a better place. Don’t take it from me, though; take it from Booth newcomer A Rapper Name Dame, who laments his failure to what his Mama Told Me on his latest single (a Booth-exclusive world premiere). With Corporal Music‘s cinematic strings and handclap percussion as his backdrop, the H-Town native spits about the heavy price one pays for straying from the straight-and-narrow. Soul heavyweight John Legend guests, contributing his original vocals to the hook. Dame’s latest mixtape, City of Syrup State of Mind Vol. 3 has yet to receive a drop date—keep it locked for the latest release details!
Written by richard on 08/3/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.