If we all listened to our mothers’ advice, I have a feeling the world would be a better place. Don’t take it from me, though; take it from Booth newcomer A Rapper Name Dame, who laments his failure to what his Mama Told Me on his latest single (a Booth-exclusive world premiere). With Corporal Music‘s cinematic strings and handclap percussion as his backdrop, the H-Town native spits about the heavy price one pays for straying from the straight-and-narrow. Soul heavyweight John Legend guests, contributing his original vocals to the hook. Dame’s latest mixtape, City of Syrup State of Mind Vol. 3 has yet to receive a drop date—keep it locked for the latest release details!
Written by richard on 08/3/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.