Joining “progressive hip hop” acts The Cool Kids, Kidz In the Hall, and Mickey Factz is 21-year old Jump Street, Queens native A. Pinks. Rhyming since he turned 15, Pinks has played hardball on the NY underground scene, churning out mixtapes like It’s Not A Rumor: Google Me with G-Unit’s DJ Whoo Kid. Ready to take his name and talents nationwide, Pinks’ new introduction includes a simple message to the hip-hop world: Hit The Lights (I’m On). Giving the track a classic New York feel is producer Baritone, whose old-school beat will certainly make plenty of East Coast rap fans Hit The Lights for A. Pinks. It remains to be seen, however, if Pinks can deliver hits that will capture him a nationwide audience.
Written by Burmy on 05/14/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"If My Hood Could Talk" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.