For plenty of aspiring New York MCs, that one ‘big break’ has always been a hot minute away. While artists like Papoose, Joell Ortiz, Red Café and Maino have teetered on the break of super-stardom; all four remain in the abyss that is the current music industry. Although he doesn’t want to join his fellow natives in that same spot, rapper A-Pinks has committed to a life on the grind. A choice that he hopes will pay off with his dream job fulfilled. Already featured previously on DJBooth, as well as every major Urban publication on the Internet, Pinks is ready to say “Hello.” With the help of fellow MC, Big Lou, and production work from Matheo Productions, A-Pinks makes it clear he won’t settle from anything less than success.
Listen to More: A-Pinks
Written by DJ Z on 11/15/07
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"If My Hood Could Talk" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)