Chicago is literally bursting at the seams with talented young emcees. Seriously, I don’t even think there is enough space in the Willis Tower to hold ‘em all. Heck, if they all jumped in Lake Michigan at once, it would cause a tidal wave so large it could fill up Wrigley. The latest (and probably not the last) talented Windy City up-and-comer to hit our frontpage goes by the name of A-Hi. He might be a Booth newcomer, but on Who Am I A-Hi sounds like he has been rapping since the last time the Cubs won the World Series (see 1908). With a crystal-clear, hard-hitting flow, A-Hi really grabs your ear and commands your attention; you won’t be able to not feel what he says. South African producer Taylor Made provides a shadowy beat to back the emcee’s potent, assertive bars. This hard-hitting jam can be found on the artist’s Skywalkers LP, out now on iTunes.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/27/14
The Format Show
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)