Chicago is literally bursting at the seams with talented young emcees. Seriously, I don’t even think there is enough space in the Willis Tower to hold ‘em all. Heck, if they all jumped in Lake Michigan at once, it would cause a tidal wave so large it could fill up Wrigley. The latest (and probably not the last) talented Windy City up-and-comer to hit our frontpage goes by the name of A-Hi. He might be a Booth newcomer, but on Who Am I A-Hi sounds like he has been rapping since the last time the Cubs won the World Series (see 1908). With a crystal-clear, hard-hitting flow, A-Hi really grabs your ear and commands your attention; you won’t be able to not feel what he says. South African producer Taylor Made provides a shadowy beat to back the emcee’s potent, assertive bars. This hard-hitting jam can be found on the artist’s Skywalkers LP, out now on iTunes.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/27/14
Submit your Rating
The Format Show
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Know the Name" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.