Chicago is literally bursting at the seams with talented young emcees. Seriously, I don’t even think there is enough space in the Willis Tower to hold ‘em all. Heck, if they all jumped in Lake Michigan at once, it would cause a tidal wave so large it could fill up Wrigley. The latest (and probably not the last) talented Windy City up-and-comer to hit our frontpage goes by the name of A-Hi. He might be a Booth newcomer, but on Who Am I A-Hi sounds like he has been rapping since the last time the Cubs won the World Series (see 1908). With a crystal-clear, hard-hitting flow, A-Hi really grabs your ear and commands your attention; you won’t be able to not feel what he says. South African producer Taylor Made provides a shadowy beat to back the emcee’s potent, assertive bars. This hard-hitting jam can be found on the artist’s Skywalkers LP, out now on iTunes.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/27/14
The Format Show
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.