Featured on our pages back in March 2012, rapper/producer A.CHAL‘s Come Back impressed readers with its mellow, refreshing vibe, prompting one reader to remark, “I wish there was more music like this.” Today, the Los Angeles native returns to make that wish come true with new single On N On. Unlike his Booth debut, which was strictly instrumental, this record finds the artist showcasing his skills on the mic as well as behind the boards, lacing his own slow-burning synth arrangement with dazed snapshots from his daily grind. Guest vocalist Alex Burnett provides a plaintive, sung chorus. For On N On and many more low-key bangers, check out A.CHAL’s Ballroom Riots EP when it drops next Tuesday, February 19.
Written by richard on 02/13/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.