If you’re a fan of the Tigers, Yankees, Nationals or Cardinals you might want to close your eyes before playing the visuals for A-1’s Double Dose single. On his feature Booth debut the Bay Area emcee shares an impromptu video shoot, which took place during the San Francisco Giants World Series celebration. Amid the inebriated fans, angry cops and street fires, A-1 splits time between celebrating and spitting over the top of a haunting, trippy production from Sick James. While the beat is appealing, A-1 carries the song with a slow yet powerful flow, which he uses to cover topics ranging from his favorite pizza to his tendency to attract baby mommas. So, did A-1 hit a home run? If so, we suggest you check out his September-released project, The Thurl Tape.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/18/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Summertime Sadness" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.