If you’re a fan of the Tigers, Yankees, Nationals or Cardinals you might want to close your eyes before playing the visuals for A-1’s Double Dose single. On his feature Booth debut the Bay Area emcee shares an impromptu video shoot, which took place during the San Francisco Giants World Series celebration. Amid the inebriated fans, angry cops and street fires, A-1 splits time between celebrating and spitting over the top of a haunting, trippy production from Sick James. While the beat is appealing, A-1 carries the song with a slow yet powerful flow, which he uses to cover topics ranging from his favorite pizza to his tendency to attract baby mommas. So, did A-1 hit a home run? If so, we suggest you check out his September-released project, The Thurl Tape.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/18/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Summertime Sadness" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.