If your ears are anything like mine, you crave a sound whose intentions aren’t trying to send you into a syrup-sipping frenzy or gun play. Nothing fabricated, nothing embellished, which is why you can count on a cut from 9th Wonder to give you the necessities. North Carolina’s godson leaves his heart on the boards with the stand-out cut, No Pretending, featuring Raekwon and Big Remo. In this pure mix of soul samples and his recognized layered drum pattern, 9th sets the tone for the emcees. Bringing on Rae and Remo to put a little R&R in the track, even though Rae emphasizes to not get comfortable as the vet gets verbal with his past time runs as a hustler. For his part Remo fares well as his lyrical ability presents maturity that we can assure caught the eye of his label’s owner. Short and to the point, 9th leaves no room for error on No Pretending, while his forthcoming album still has ears churning in anticipation - make room for The Wonder Years on your hard drive (legally) on September 27.
Written by Sigmund'sDope on 09/8/11
Submit your Rating
IWWMG/Hits & History
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.