If your ears are anything like mine, you crave a sound whose intentions aren’t trying to send you into a syrup-sipping frenzy or gun play. Nothing fabricated, nothing embellished, which is why you can count on a cut from 9th Wonder to give you the necessities. North Carolina’s godson leaves his heart on the boards with the stand-out cut, No Pretending, featuring Raekwon and Big Remo. In this pure mix of soul samples and his recognized layered drum pattern, 9th sets the tone for the emcees. Bringing on Rae and Remo to put a little R&R in the track, even though Rae emphasizes to not get comfortable as the vet gets verbal with his past time runs as a hustler. For his part Remo fares well as his lyrical ability presents maturity that we can assure caught the eye of his label’s owner. Short and to the point, 9th leaves no room for error on No Pretending, while his forthcoming album still has ears churning in anticipation - make room for The Wonder Years on your hard drive (legally) on September 27.
Written by Sigmund'sDope on 09/8/11
Submit your Rating
IWWMG/Hits & History
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.