There are people that get into music business for the wrong reasons, but there are a handful of artists that do it for the right ones. And then there’s 9th Wonder. His body of work says many things about his drive for craftsmanship and quality music, but at the end of the day the Grammy-winning musician is much more than a creative boardsmith. However, this site is intensely focused on his music, which is okay because he also happens to be damn good in that aspect as well. The celebrated North Carolina native is back to work on a solo album (don’t worry, collaborators MURS and Phonte still have features on this one) with new record release Band Practice Pt. 2. Longtime collaborator Phonte (told you) and Jamla recording artist Median bounce back and forth over another obviously dope production from the National Ambassador for Hip-Hop, stretching a two minute song into a jam session that should work well with the all-star cast that is set for the entirety of the album. If you want to have credibility this year in hip-hop, do yourself a favor and pick up The Wonder Years on September 27.
Written by Sigurd on 09/1/11
Submit your Rating
IWWMG/Hits & History
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.