There are people that get into music business for the wrong reasons, but there are a handful of artists that do it for the right ones. And then there’s 9th Wonder. His body of work says many things about his drive for craftsmanship and quality music, but at the end of the day the Grammy-winning musician is much more than a creative boardsmith. However, this site is intensely focused on his music, which is okay because he also happens to be damn good in that aspect as well. The celebrated North Carolina native is back to work on a solo album (don’t worry, collaborators MURS and Phonte still have features on this one) with new record release Band Practice Pt. 2. Longtime collaborator Phonte (told you) and Jamla recording artist Median bounce back and forth over another obviously dope production from the National Ambassador for Hip-Hop, stretching a two minute song into a jam session that should work well with the all-star cast that is set for the entirety of the album. If you want to have credibility this year in hip-hop, do yourself a favor and pick up The Wonder Years on September 27.
Written by Sigurd on 09/1/11
Submit your Rating
IWWMG/Hits & History
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.