There are people that get into music business for the wrong reasons, but there are a handful of artists that do it for the right ones. And then there’s 9th Wonder. His body of work says many things about his drive for craftsmanship and quality music, but at the end of the day the Grammy-winning musician is much more than a creative boardsmith. However, this site is intensely focused on his music, which is okay because he also happens to be damn good in that aspect as well. The celebrated North Carolina native is back to work on a solo album (don’t worry, collaborators MURS and Phonte still have features on this one) with new record release Band Practice Pt. 2. Longtime collaborator Phonte (told you) and Jamla recording artist Median bounce back and forth over another obviously dope production from the National Ambassador for Hip-Hop, stretching a two minute song into a jam session that should work well with the all-star cast that is set for the entirety of the album. If you want to have credibility this year in hip-hop, do yourself a favor and pick up The Wonder Years on September 27.
Written by Sigurd on 09/1/11
IWWMG/Hits & History
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.