There are people that get into music business for the wrong reasons, but there are a handful of artists that do it for the right ones. And then there’s 9th Wonder. His body of work says many things about his drive for craftsmanship and quality music, but at the end of the day the Grammy-winning musician is much more than a creative boardsmith. However, this site is intensely focused on his music, which is okay because he also happens to be damn good in that aspect as well. The celebrated North Carolina native is back to work on a solo album (don’t worry, collaborators MURS and Phonte still have features on this one) with new record release Band Practice Pt. 2. Longtime collaborator Phonte (told you) and Jamla recording artist Median bounce back and forth over another obviously dope production from the National Ambassador for Hip-Hop, stretching a two minute song into a jam session that should work well with the all-star cast that is set for the entirety of the album. If you want to have credibility this year in hip-hop, do yourself a favor and pick up The Wonder Years on September 27.
Written by Sigurd on 09/1/11
Submit your Rating
IWWMG/Hits & History
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.