Almost every modern-day artist dreams of getting signed to an industry heavyweight’s label, knowing that their music will be heard on a national level. In the case of New Orleans native 9th Ward, whose big-name boss (producer/Playmaker CEO Nitti) works for another big-name boss (So So Def/Island Urban boss Jermaine Dupri), that could mean double the success. While 9th’s buzz single, Chopper, was somewhat lacking in the ‘hit’ category, his official single Add Me Up easily changes that conclusion. While all three artists rap about their heavy swagger, it’s Nitti’s production that should take listeners back to the days of Yung Joc‘s ‘06 summer anthem, It’s Goin’ Down. 9th Ward will release his debut album, Times Change, later this year.
Playmaker Music/Island Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.