Almost every modern-day artist dreams of getting signed to an industry heavyweight’s label, knowing that their music will be heard on a national level. In the case of New Orleans native 9th Ward, whose big-name boss (producer/Playmaker CEO Nitti) works for another big-name boss (So So Def/Island Urban boss Jermaine Dupri), that could mean double the success. While 9th’s buzz single, Chopper, was somewhat lacking in the ‘hit’ category, his official single Add Me Up easily changes that conclusion. While all three artists rap about their heavy swagger, it’s Nitti’s production that should take listeners back to the days of Yung Joc‘s ‘06 summer anthem, It’s Goin’ Down. 9th Ward will release his debut album, Times Change, later this year.
Playmaker Music/Island Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!