Almost every modern-day artist dreams of getting signed to an industry heavyweight’s label, knowing that their music will be heard on a national level. In the case of New Orleans native 9th Ward, whose big-name boss (producer/Playmaker CEO Nitti) works for another big-name boss (So So Def/Island Urban boss Jermaine Dupri), that could mean double the success. While 9th’s buzz single, Chopper, was somewhat lacking in the ‘hit’ category, his official single Add Me Up easily changes that conclusion. While all three artists rap about their heavy swagger, it’s Nitti’s production that should take listeners back to the days of Yung Joc‘s ‘06 summer anthem, It’s Goin’ Down. 9th Ward will release his debut album, Times Change, later this year.
Written by Burmy on 03/11/08
Playmaker Music/Island Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.