Almost every modern-day artist dreams of getting signed to an industry heavyweight’s label, knowing that their music will be heard on a national level. In the case of New Orleans native 9th Ward, whose big-name boss (producer/Playmaker CEO Nitti) works for another big-name boss (So So Def/Island Urban boss Jermaine Dupri), that could mean double the success. While 9th’s buzz single, Chopper, was somewhat lacking in the ‘hit’ category, his official single Add Me Up easily changes that conclusion. While all three artists rap about their heavy swagger, it’s Nitti’s production that should take listeners back to the days of Yung Joc‘s ‘06 summer anthem, It’s Goin’ Down. 9th Ward will release his debut album, Times Change, later this year.
Written by Burmy on 03/11/08
Submit your Rating
Playmaker Music/Island Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.