Besides cooking up numerous regional hits, production ace Nitti is also the head of his own label, Playmaker Music. Fresh off a distribution deal with So So Def boss Jermaine Dupri and Island Urban Music, the first artist to sign under Nitti’s new umbrella is New Orleans’ very own, 9th Ward Gucci. Before landing his life changing record deal, 9th grew up in a very rough section of town (the 9th Ward) and as he details on his new street single, only felt safe by carrying a Chopper everywhere he went. While production from the Ultra Beat Boyz makes for a street-suitable N.O. hit, don’t expect Chopper to crossover on national radio. However, in a city with rich hip-hop history, there is reason to believe that 9th Ward Gucci could be the next big name of a new era.
Listen to More: 9th Ward Written by Burmy
Playmaker Music/Island Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Add Me Up ft. Nitti & Jermaine Dupri" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.