Besides cooking up numerous regional hits, production ace Nitti is also the head of his own label, Playmaker Music. Fresh off a distribution deal with So So Def boss Jermaine Dupri and Island Urban Music, the first artist to sign under Nitti’s new umbrella is New Orleans’ very own, 9th Ward Gucci. Before landing his life changing record deal, 9th grew up in a very rough section of town (the 9th Ward) and as he details on his new street single, only felt safe by carrying a Chopper everywhere he went. While production from the Ultra Beat Boyz makes for a street-suitable N.O. hit, don’t expect Chopper to crossover on national radio. However, in a city with rich hip-hop history, there is reason to believe that 9th Ward Gucci could be the next big name of a new era.
Written by Burmy on 02/13/08
Submit your Rating
Playmaker Music/Island Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Add Me Up ft. Nitti & Jermaine Dupri" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.