Besides cooking up numerous regional hits, production ace Nitti is also the head of his own label, Playmaker Music. Fresh off a distribution deal with So So Def boss Jermaine Dupri and Island Urban Music, the first artist to sign under Nitti’s new umbrella is New Orleans’ very own, 9th Ward Gucci. Before landing his life changing record deal, 9th grew up in a very rough section of town (the 9th Ward) and as he details on his new street single, only felt safe by carrying a Chopper everywhere he went. While production from the Ultra Beat Boyz makes for a street-suitable N.O. hit, don’t expect Chopper to crossover on national radio. However, in a city with rich hip-hop history, there is reason to believe that 9th Ward Gucci could be the next big name of a new era.
Written by Burmy on 02/13/08
Submit your Rating
Playmaker Music/Island Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Add Me Up ft. Nitti & Jermaine Dupri" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.