Besides cooking up numerous regional hits, production ace Nitti is also the head of his own label, Playmaker Music. Fresh off a distribution deal with So So Def boss Jermaine Dupri and Island Urban Music, the first artist to sign under Nitti’s new umbrella is New Orleans’ very own, 9th Ward Gucci. Before landing his life changing record deal, 9th grew up in a very rough section of town (the 9th Ward) and as he details on his new street single, only felt safe by carrying a Chopper everywhere he went. While production from the Ultra Beat Boyz makes for a street-suitable N.O. hit, don’t expect Chopper to crossover on national radio. However, in a city with rich hip-hop history, there is reason to believe that 9th Ward Gucci could be the next big name of a new era.
Written by Burmy on 02/13/08
Submit your Rating
Playmaker Music/Island Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Add Me Up ft. Nitti & Jermaine Dupri" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.