Besides cooking up numerous regional hits, production ace Nitti is also the head of his own label, Playmaker Music. Fresh off a distribution deal with So So Def boss Jermaine Dupri and Island Urban Music, the first artist to sign under Nitti’s new umbrella is New Orleans’ very own, 9th Ward Gucci. Before landing his life changing record deal, 9th grew up in a very rough section of town (the 9th Ward) and as he details on his new street single, only felt safe by carrying a Chopper everywhere he went. While production from the Ultra Beat Boyz makes for a street-suitable N.O. hit, don’t expect Chopper to crossover on national radio. However, in a city with rich hip-hop history, there is reason to believe that 9th Ward Gucci could be the next big name of a new era.
Written by Burmy on 02/13/08
Submit your Rating
Playmaker Music/Island Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Add Me Up ft. Nitti & Jermaine Dupri" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.