As anyone who’s up on their Billy Joel knows, we didn’t Start the Fire. While it was previously believed that it had always been burning since the world began turning, newly-unearthed evidence suggests that the blaze may have been the work of an up-and-coming emcee known as 9th Uno. On his latest album leak and first Booth feature, the Toronto-repping up-and-comer takes the “lyrical flames” analogy and runs with it, delivering verses that might just leave scorch marks on listeners’ eardrums. Set off with a sample from 1991 action film Backdraft, fellow Canadian MoSS’ sizzling, guitar-laced boardwork sets the stage for verses packed with pop-referential punchlines and aggressive quotables (“Your circle is slain / Left no prints—Purple Rain.”). Has this blistering banger left you with a burning desire to hear more from 9th Uno? Then keep it locked; while debut full-length Blue Night (named after the T-Dot transit line) has yet to receive a drop date, we in the Booth will keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes.
Listen to More: 9th Uno
Written by richard on 03/12/12
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.