As anyone who’s up on their Billy Joel knows, we didn’t Start the Fire. While it was previously believed that it had always been burning since the world began turning, newly-unearthed evidence suggests that the blaze may have been the work of an up-and-coming emcee known as 9th Uno. On his latest album leak and first Booth feature, the Toronto-repping up-and-comer takes the “lyrical flames” analogy and runs with it, delivering verses that might just leave scorch marks on listeners’ eardrums. Set off with a sample from 1991 action film Backdraft, fellow Canadian MoSS’ sizzling, guitar-laced boardwork sets the stage for verses packed with pop-referential punchlines and aggressive quotables (“Your circle is slain / Left no prints—Purple Rain.”). Has this blistering banger left you with a burning desire to hear more from 9th Uno? Then keep it locked; while debut full-length Blue Night (named after the T-Dot transit line) has yet to receive a drop date, we in the Booth will keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 03/12/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)