Attention artists: while it’s good to take your craft seriously, having an ego and being too serious will get you nowhere. If you need a lesson in chilling the f**k out, 8thW1 can be your guide to keeping it cooler than the other side of the pillow. On Take It Light, the New York underground veteran uses a breezy, feel-good flow to let all you hot heads know that nothing good can from losing your cool; it will only result in jail time, a beat down, or a trip to the morgue. In addition to 8th’s calm, cool, and collected flow, PVD’s funky beat featuring a slammin’ horn section, will temper tempers and will get your feet moving and keep gums from flapping. The new LP from 8th, Lux DeVille, will be available this May via Elementality. Until then take a listen to his last feature, Happy.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/21/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vintage Clothes" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.