Attention artists: while it’s good to take your craft seriously, having an ego and being too serious will get you nowhere. If you need a lesson in chilling the f**k out, 8thW1 can be your guide to keeping it cooler than the other side of the pillow. On Take It Light, the New York underground veteran uses a breezy, feel-good flow to let all you hot heads know that nothing good can from losing your cool; it will only result in jail time, a beat down, or a trip to the morgue. In addition to 8th’s calm, cool, and collected flow, PVD’s funky beat featuring a slammin’ horn section, will temper tempers and will get your feet moving and keep gums from flapping. The new LP from 8th, Lux DeVille, will be available this May via Elementality. Until then take a listen to his last feature, Happy.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/21/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vintage Clothes" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.