Attention artists: while it’s good to take your craft seriously, having an ego and being too serious will get you nowhere. If you need a lesson in chilling the f**k out, 8thW1 can be your guide to keeping it cooler than the other side of the pillow. On Take It Light, the New York underground veteran uses a breezy, feel-good flow to let all you hot heads know that nothing good can from losing your cool; it will only result in jail time, a beat down, or a trip to the morgue. In addition to 8th’s calm, cool, and collected flow, PVD’s funky beat featuring a slammin’ horn section, will temper tempers and will get your feet moving and keep gums from flapping. The new LP from 8th, Lux DeVille, will be available this May via Elementality. Until then take a listen to his last feature, Happy.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/21/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vintage Clothes" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)