In an industry as competitive, and as preoccupied with material wealth as the hip-hop game, it’s downright shocking to hear a rapper offer to share his piece of the pie. But I’ll be damned if 8thW1 doesn’t do exactly that on his latest single and solo DJBooth debut. (We previously featured him as a guest on P.SO‘s Vintage Clothes and Soul Khan‘s Knuckle Puck.) Here, producer PVD‘s soulful live-band boardwork backs the Garden State representative as he magnanimously addresses his peers: “I am Happy. If I don’t got it, I hope you get it. / And if I happen to have it, then I’ll gladly split it.” Has 8th succeeded in elevating your mood with this upbeat single? If so, you can expect more dope bars and positive vibes on the artist’s Lux DeVille LP, set to hit online retailers this May via Elementality Productions. In the meantime, you can click here to peep the project’s official trailer.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vintage Clothes" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.