In an industry as competitive, and as preoccupied with material wealth as the hip-hop game, it’s downright shocking to hear a rapper offer to share his piece of the pie. But I’ll be damned if 8thW1 doesn’t do exactly that on his latest single and solo DJBooth debut. (We previously featured him as a guest on P.SO‘s Vintage Clothes and Soul Khan‘s Knuckle Puck.) Here, producer PVD‘s soulful live-band boardwork backs the Garden State representative as he magnanimously addresses his peers: “I am Happy. If I don’t got it, I hope you get it. / And if I happen to have it, then I’ll gladly split it.” Has 8th succeeded in elevating your mood with this upbeat single? If so, you can expect more dope bars and positive vibes on the artist’s Lux DeVille LP, set to hit online retailers this May via Elementality Productions. In the meantime, you can click here to peep the project’s official trailer.
Written by richard on 02/25/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vintage Clothes" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.