In an industry as competitive, and as preoccupied with material wealth as the hip-hop game, it’s downright shocking to hear a rapper offer to share his piece of the pie. But I’ll be damned if 8thW1 doesn’t do exactly that on his latest single and solo DJBooth debut. (We previously featured him as a guest on P.SO‘s Vintage Clothes and Soul Khan‘s Knuckle Puck.) Here, producer PVD‘s soulful live-band boardwork backs the Garden State representative as he magnanimously addresses his peers: “I am Happy. If I don’t got it, I hope you get it. / And if I happen to have it, then I’ll gladly split it.” Has 8th succeeded in elevating your mood with this upbeat single? If so, you can expect more dope bars and positive vibes on the artist’s Lux DeVille LP, set to hit online retailers this May via Elementality Productions. In the meantime, you can click here to peep the project’s official trailer.
Written by richard on 02/25/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vintage Clothes" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.