It has to be a mind blowing experience to work with artists you grew up idolizing, and even more mind blowing for those artists to treat you like a peer. So I think we can consider Big K.R.I.T.’s cranium thoroughly combusted as he has now done not one but two songs with his childhood idols 8Ball & MJG. Returning the favor for their guest verses on KRIT’s Money on the Floor, for new release We Got Gold Krizza provides the legendary Memphis duo with both a thoroughly pimped hook and beat. Speaking of which, Gold is K.R.I.T. as his production best, blending perfectly balanced percussion with subtle strings and hazy synths. From there it’s completely 8Ball & MJG’s show as they take turns laying down their trademark Southern drawl flow to talk about (what else) women, cars and the myriad dangers that face a player in the game. Fans looking for more golden hip-hop from below the Mason-Dixon line can rejoice: Not only are 8Ball & MJG set to release their Premro mixtape soon, KRIT’s highly anticipated 4EvaNaDay project is due to hit the interwebs on February 20.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/19/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ridin High" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.