If you’re looking for 810, you might want to keep an eye out for his Baltimore compatriot Black Sunn; the two innovative emcees travel in a pack these days. So although we hadn’t heard from 810 since his Glass Half Full mixtape dropped months ago, as soon as I saw Sunn’s Black Serenade pop up last week I knew some 810 freshness couldn’t be far behind, and sure enough, today I’ve been bumping Save Me Now, a smoothly produced joint by kid wonder Mydus that 810 uses to flew his storytelling muscles, lyrically touching on the stories of a young woman desperate for love and a soldier in Iraq. To be blunt, I dare you to hate on this. That’s right, I dare you. What? Save Me Now is off the same Ashley Outrageous Playlist mixtape that brought us BOOGNIGHTS and K. Sparks’ Show Business; and for more from 810 keep an eye out for his, you guessed it, collabo mixtape with Black Sunn, dropping this spring and hosted by DJBooth.net.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/21/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pay Day" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.