If you’re looking for 810, you might want to keep an eye out for his Baltimore compatriot Black Sunn; the two innovative emcees travel in a pack these days. So although we hadn’t heard from 810 since his Glass Half Full mixtape dropped months ago, as soon as I saw Sunn’s Black Serenade pop up last week I knew some 810 freshness couldn’t be far behind, and sure enough, today I’ve been bumping Save Me Now, a smoothly produced joint by kid wonder Mydus that 810 uses to flew his storytelling muscles, lyrically touching on the stories of a young woman desperate for love and a soldier in Iraq. To be blunt, I dare you to hate on this. That’s right, I dare you. What? Save Me Now is off the same Ashley Outrageous Playlist mixtape that brought us BOOGNIGHTS and K. Sparks’ Show Business; and for more from 810 keep an eye out for his, you guessed it, collabo mixtape with Black Sunn, dropping this spring and hosted by DJBooth.net.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/21/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pay Day" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.