I must admit, I am an avid Game of Thrones fan; after listening to everyone I know discuss the series endlessly over the course of the past week, I can only imagine how Left Out I would feel if I hadn’t read the books or watch the show. I guess I’d feel a little like 810, who vents his frustrations at feeling Left Out in the industry on a new freebie release. On his first Booth feature in almost a year, the Baltimore native spits over A Tribe Called Quest’s classic Stressed Out beat, produced by The Ummah. While he is struggling with the ills of the business (Who could blame him?), he remains upbeat, showcasing an honest, refreshing flow that really conveys his passion for the craft. Singer Tame’ra adds her smooth vocals to the hook, giving the cut an old-school vibe that would make ATCQ proud. This promo single isn’t attached to a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on 810’s plans in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pay Day" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.