When I was 19, I had issues. They most often involved which classes I wanted to show up for or which sorority girl I wanted to unsuccessfully spit game on, but hey, they were still issues. While it’s been an entire 905 days since I was that age, I know for a fact that I didn’t have the amount of Issues that 810 does now. On the latest (and last) single leak before his mixtape drops, the Maryland native touches base on a variety of topics, including politics, domestic abuse and third world slavery (oh yeah, and cutting class). Backed by an equally impressive beat from Mydus, 810’s effortless flow allows him to showcase his true creativity and wit on the track: “It’s like I’m running from reality, leaning on technicalities, the pressure makes me want to get high like snack calories.” Check back in with the Booth for his Glass Half Full Mixtape, sponsored by DJBooth.net, 2DopeBoyz.com and illroots.com, out next Thursday.
Written by Sigurd on 11/5/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pay Day" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.