When I was 19, I had issues. They most often involved which classes I wanted to show up for or which sorority girl I wanted to unsuccessfully spit game on, but hey, they were still issues. While it’s been an entire 905 days since I was that age, I know for a fact that I didn’t have the amount of Issues that 810 does now. On the latest (and last) single leak before his mixtape drops, the Maryland native touches base on a variety of topics, including politics, domestic abuse and third world slavery (oh yeah, and cutting class). Backed by an equally impressive beat from Mydus, 810’s effortless flow allows him to showcase his true creativity and wit on the track: “It’s like I’m running from reality, leaning on technicalities, the pressure makes me want to get high like snack calories.” Check back in with the Booth for his Glass Half Full Mixtape, sponsored by DJBooth.net, 2DopeBoyz.com and illroots.com, out next Thursday.
Written by Sigurd on 11/5/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pay Day" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.