Originally released as part of 7evenThirty‘s latest full-length back in September, Nightmare has received the remix treatment courtesy of a longtime DJBooth fave. Though I haven’t heard the original and thus can’t compare the two, Oddisee does a stellar job of capturing the mood of the headliner’s bars; as the rapper feverishly chronicles his descent into insanity, the DMV emcee/producer serves up an eerie mix of strings, martial percussion, choral synths and electronic chirps. Has this unsettling, yet dope revamp left you craving more? If so, you can find the album version of Nightmare, along with many other dope cuts, on 7even’s Heaven’s Computer LP, out now for purchase on iTunes.
Written by richard on 11/20/12
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.