While Meridian, Mississippi emcee/producer Big K.R.I.T. has steadily put on for his home state, he’s not the only artist making noise out of The Magnolia State. On his DJBooth debut GetUp, Jackson, Mississippi wordsmith 7evenThirty proclaims that he is also out to represent for his state. 7evenThirty says it best on GetUp as he raps, “And it don’t really sound like it coming out of the South,” in reference to his lyricism. While the Southern twang is there, 7evenThirty’s lyrical stylings boast a futuristic, somewhat out of this world aura. Adding to the emcee’s uniqueness is producer Erik L, who effortlessly blends organs and drums on the single. GetUp will be featured on 7evenThirty’s Heaven’s Computer, which will be released on September 25 via our friends at Mello Music Group.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/6/12
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.