While Meridian, Mississippi emcee/producer Big K.R.I.T. has steadily put on for his home state, he’s not the only artist making noise out of The Magnolia State. On his DJBooth debut GetUp, Jackson, Mississippi wordsmith 7evenThirty proclaims that he is also out to represent for his state. 7evenThirty says it best on GetUp as he raps, “And it don’t really sound like it coming out of the South,” in reference to his lyricism. While the Southern twang is there, 7evenThirty’s lyrical stylings boast a futuristic, somewhat out of this world aura. Adding to the emcee’s uniqueness is producer Erik L, who effortlessly blends organs and drums on the single. GetUp will be featured on 7evenThirty’s Heaven’s Computer, which will be released on September 25 via our friends at Mello Music Group.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/6/12
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.