While Meridian, Mississippi emcee/producer Big K.R.I.T. has steadily put on for his home state, he’s not the only artist making noise out of The Magnolia State. On his DJBooth debut GetUp, Jackson, Mississippi wordsmith 7evenThirty proclaims that he is also out to represent for his state. 7evenThirty says it best on GetUp as he raps, “And it don’t really sound like it coming out of the South,” in reference to his lyricism. While the Southern twang is there, 7evenThirty’s lyrical stylings boast a futuristic, somewhat out of this world aura. Adding to the emcee’s uniqueness is producer Erik L, who effortlessly blends organs and drums on the single. GetUp will be featured on 7evenThirty’s Heaven’s Computer, which will be released on September 25 via our friends at Mello Music Group.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/6/12
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.