While Meridian, Mississippi emcee/producer Big K.R.I.T. has steadily put on for his home state, he’s not the only artist making noise out of The Magnolia State. On his DJBooth debut GetUp, Jackson, Mississippi wordsmith 7evenThirty proclaims that he is also out to represent for his state. 7evenThirty says it best on GetUp as he raps, “And it don’t really sound like it coming out of the South,” in reference to his lyricism. While the Southern twang is there, 7evenThirty’s lyrical stylings boast a futuristic, somewhat out of this world aura. Adding to the emcee’s uniqueness is producer Erik L, who effortlessly blends organs and drums on the single. GetUp will be featured on 7evenThirty’s Heaven’s Computer, which will be released on September 25 via our friends at Mello Music Group.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/6/12
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.