Investing in Bernie Madoff, drunk sledding, watching For the Love of Ray J, people make a lot of bad decisions, but luckily one of the Booth’s favorite producers/emcees 6th Sense and aptly-named emcee Punchline – who’s making his DJBooth debut today - are here to tell everyone to smarten up and Use Your Head. Concentrating on the ideals of originality and independence (and condom use), Punchline warns those easily swayed by the opinions of others to assert some self-reliance: “Hold up, I think I need to make a wise choice / forget ya’ll, I’ma listen to my own voice,” a theme that 6th echoes when he jumps on the mic. Both verses are rewind-worthy, but the real star here is the 6th produced beat, which stacks some muted drums on top of an intensely soulful vocal sample to head-nodding effect. If you liked this track you’ll have to keep checking 6th Sense’s BandCamp page as he periodically releases new songs from his It’s A 6th Sense Mixtape Yo!! (Volume 2 & 3) project, or just keep it locked to DJBooth for the highlights.
Written by Sigurd on 02/3/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rehearsal Tape ft. 6th Sense" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.