Investing in Bernie Madoff, drunk sledding, watching For the Love of Ray J, people make a lot of bad decisions, but luckily one of the Booth’s favorite producers/emcees 6th Sense and aptly-named emcee Punchline – who’s making his DJBooth debut today - are here to tell everyone to smarten up and Use Your Head. Concentrating on the ideals of originality and independence (and condom use), Punchline warns those easily swayed by the opinions of others to assert some self-reliance: “Hold up, I think I need to make a wise choice / forget ya’ll, I’ma listen to my own voice,” a theme that 6th echoes when he jumps on the mic. Both verses are rewind-worthy, but the real star here is the 6th produced beat, which stacks some muted drums on top of an intensely soulful vocal sample to head-nodding effect. If you liked this track you’ll have to keep checking 6th Sense’s BandCamp page as he periodically releases new songs from his It’s A 6th Sense Mixtape Yo!! (Volume 2 & 3) project, or just keep it locked to DJBooth for the highlights.
Listen to More: 6th Sense
Written by Sigurd on 02/3/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rehearsal Tape ft. 6th Sense" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.