Unless you suffer from motion sickness, no one can really argue that a Merry Go-Round isn’t fun for the whole family. (In that case, knocking down three wooden blocks with a baseball might be a bit further up your alley.) However, it is definitely not how you want to describe a relationship with your significant other. Unfortunately for 6lack, a singer from Baltimore by way of Atlanta, on his latest single, Merry Go, that is exactly where he finds himself. The whole order is making him a bit nauseous as the choppy delivery of his lyrics should have listeners thinking of a rusty, old carousel that doesn’t run smoothly. In my mind the constant, airy ringing on the Emmitt Breez-produced beat sets the Merry Go-Round in purgatory as it creaks in circles. I hope he figures out a way to get off this haunted ride before he becomes permanently stuck. Merry Go will be on 6lack’s upcoming Booth-approved project, SIX.
Written by Bryan H on 05/1/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.