Unless you suffer from motion sickness, no one can really argue that a Merry Go-Round isn’t fun for the whole family. (In that case, knocking down three wooden blocks with a baseball might be a bit further up your alley.) However, it is definitely not how you want to describe a relationship with your significant other. Unfortunately for 6lack, a singer from Baltimore by way of Atlanta, on his latest single, Merry Go, that is exactly where he finds himself. The whole order is making him a bit nauseous as the choppy delivery of his lyrics should have listeners thinking of a rusty, old carousel that doesn’t run smoothly. In my mind the constant, airy ringing on the Emmitt Breez-produced beat sets the Merry Go-Round in purgatory as it creaks in circles. I hope he figures out a way to get off this haunted ride before he becomes permanently stuck. Merry Go will be on 6lack’s upcoming Booth-approved project, SIX.
Written by Bryan H on 05/1/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.