Unless you suffer from motion sickness, no one can really argue that a Merry Go-Round isn’t fun for the whole family. (In that case, knocking down three wooden blocks with a baseball might be a bit further up your alley.) However, it is definitely not how you want to describe a relationship with your significant other. Unfortunately for 6lack, a singer from Baltimore by way of Atlanta, on his latest single, Merry Go, that is exactly where he finds himself. The whole order is making him a bit nauseous as the choppy delivery of his lyrics should have listeners thinking of a rusty, old carousel that doesn’t run smoothly. In my mind the constant, airy ringing on the Emmitt Breez-produced beat sets the Merry Go-Round in purgatory as it creaks in circles. I hope he figures out a way to get off this haunted ride before he becomes permanently stuck. Merry Go will be on 6lack’s upcoming Booth-approved project, SIX.
Written by Bryan H on 05/1/14
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.