Unless you suffer from motion sickness, no one can really argue that a Merry Go-Round isn’t fun for the whole family. (In that case, knocking down three wooden blocks with a baseball might be a bit further up your alley.) However, it is definitely not how you want to describe a relationship with your significant other. Unfortunately for 6lack, a singer from Baltimore by way of Atlanta, on his latest single, Merry Go, that is exactly where he finds himself. The whole order is making him a bit nauseous as the choppy delivery of his lyrics should have listeners thinking of a rusty, old carousel that doesn’t run smoothly. In my mind the constant, airy ringing on the Emmitt Breez-produced beat sets the Merry Go-Round in purgatory as it creaks in circles. I hope he figures out a way to get off this haunted ride before he becomes permanently stuck. Merry Go will be on 6lack’s upcoming Booth-approved project, SIX.
Written by Bryan H on 05/1/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)