Back in April, PARTYNEXTDOOR stepped out from behind the boards to offer his own interpretation of Drake‘s Days in the East, titling his rendition of the song West District. That would make 6Lack‘s latest DJBooth feature a cover of a cover. Even so, EAZ6 feels utterly fresh, thanks to the unsigned rapper/singer/producer unique vocal style. Over the pensive synth beat, the Merry Go auteur straddles the line between rap and R&B, showcasing his powerful pipes while varying his cadences like a skilled emcee. Eaz6 isn’t part of a larger set, but fans can, of course, keep it locked for more fresh tunes from this versatile up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 06/12/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.