Back in April, PARTYNEXTDOOR stepped out from behind the boards to offer his own interpretation of Drake‘s Days in the East, titling his rendition of the song West District. That would make 6Lack‘s latest DJBooth feature a cover of a cover. Even so, EAZ6 feels utterly fresh, thanks to the unsigned rapper/singer/producer unique vocal style. Over the pensive synth beat, the Merry Go auteur straddles the line between rap and R&B, showcasing his powerful pipes while varying his cadences like a skilled emcee. Eaz6 isn’t part of a larger set, but fans can, of course, keep it locked for more fresh tunes from this versatile up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 06/12/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.