Back in April, PARTYNEXTDOOR stepped out from behind the boards to offer his own interpretation of Drake‘s Days in the East, titling his rendition of the song West District. That would make 6Lack‘s latest DJBooth feature a cover of a cover. Even so, EAZ6 feels utterly fresh, thanks to the unsigned rapper/singer/producer unique vocal style. Over the pensive synth beat, the Merry Go auteur straddles the line between rap and R&B, showcasing his powerful pipes while varying his cadences like a skilled emcee. Eaz6 isn’t part of a larger set, but fans can, of course, keep it locked for more fresh tunes from this versatile up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 06/12/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.