Back in April, PARTYNEXTDOOR stepped out from behind the boards to offer his own interpretation of Drake‘s Days in the East, titling his rendition of the song West District. That would make 6Lack‘s latest DJBooth feature a cover of a cover. Even so, EAZ6 feels utterly fresh, thanks to the unsigned rapper/singer/producer unique vocal style. Over the pensive synth beat, the Merry Go auteur straddles the line between rap and R&B, showcasing his powerful pipes while varying his cadences like a skilled emcee. Eaz6 isn’t part of a larger set, but fans can, of course, keep it locked for more fresh tunes from this versatile up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 06/12/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.