The art of “hustling” has been one of the most rhymed about topics since MCs began to tear up the mic. From Jay-Z‘s classic Can’t Knock The Hustle to Rick Ross‘s street banger Hustlin’, rappers are constantly on the grind to make that extra dollar. After establishing a local buzz and their own record label, Pink Slip Records, Houston-based rap group, 5th Flow, was determined to let everyone know that nobody, Hustle Harder. Behind screeching production from Joe Kerr, the track starts off with a sample of Dr. Martin Luther King’s famous “I’ve Been To The Mountaintop” speech. 5th Flow members Rahlo, JClay and Supreme all take turns expressing their masterful hustling techniques and experiences of being on the grind. Be on the lookout for 5th Flow’s new mixtape, Quarter To A Half, which is set to drop in the near future.
Written by firstname.lastname@example.org on 11/26/07
Submit your Rating
Pink Slip Records
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)