When you’re making a living on the wrong side of the law, you’d best watch out for them Circles. After all, as first-time featuree 5th Child (introduced to us by our friends at The Smoking Section) emphasizes on the lead single off his next album, What goes around it comes around, and when it comes around might murk you.” Here, the Jackson, Mississippi rapper/producer showcases his skills on both sides of the boards, painting an ambivalent portrait of the street life over his own lush, jazzy sample work. If this cut leaves you craving more smooth beats and multifaceted rhymes, you’ll find what you seek on Love Letters & Suicide Notes, scheduled for release September 7.
Written by richard on 08/28/12
Submit your Rating
5th Child Music, LLC.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.