Set in place by the German government in 1905 and soon adopted as a maritime convention the world over, the SOS distress signal provided radio operators a simple, universally-understood way to seek assistance in cases of emergency. Though the latest song release off 5ive Star‘s forthcoming,Booth-hosted debut mixtape finds him tapping out that iconic three-dot, three-dash code, he’s not calling out to just anyone—in fact, there’s only one person that can save the sinking ship that is his heart. Over Gregory Epps’ gentle guitar chords and bubblegum-pop synths, the South Florida singer/songwriter delivers tunefully understated verses dedicated to a woman who’s got him thoroughly under her spell, before pulling out all the stops for a soulful, self-harmonized hook. Has this smooth, catchy selection left you with butterflies in your stomach? Then don’t miss the rest of the fresh cuts set for inclusion on freshman street album Get Ready, set to hit our front page Wednesday, October 3.
Written by richard on 09/30/12
Cali-born, South Florida-raised rhymesayer 5ive Star has come together with The DJBooth to bring fans his official debut mixtape, Get Ready. The project includes 12 original jams from the underground up-and-comer, including...
5ive Star Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What They Think" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.