Set in place by the German government in 1905 and soon adopted as a maritime convention the world over, the SOS distress signal provided radio operators a simple, universally-understood way to seek assistance in cases of emergency. Though the latest song release off 5ive Star‘s forthcoming,Booth-hosted debut mixtape finds him tapping out that iconic three-dot, three-dash code, he’s not calling out to just anyone—in fact, there’s only one person that can save the sinking ship that is his heart. Over Gregory Epps’ gentle guitar chords and bubblegum-pop synths, the South Florida singer/songwriter delivers tunefully understated verses dedicated to a woman who’s got him thoroughly under her spell, before pulling out all the stops for a soulful, self-harmonized hook. Has this smooth, catchy selection left you with butterflies in your stomach? Then don’t miss the rest of the fresh cuts set for inclusion on freshman street album Get Ready, set to hit our front page Wednesday, October 3.
Written by richard on 09/30/12
Submit your Rating
5ive Star Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What They Think" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.