Set in place by the German government in 1905 and soon adopted as a maritime convention the world over, the SOS distress signal provided radio operators a simple, universally-understood way to seek assistance in cases of emergency. Though the latest song release off 5ive Star‘s forthcoming,Booth-hosted debut mixtape finds him tapping out that iconic three-dot, three-dash code, he’s not calling out to just anyone—in fact, there’s only one person that can save the sinking ship that is his heart. Over Gregory Epps’ gentle guitar chords and bubblegum-pop synths, the South Florida singer/songwriter delivers tunefully understated verses dedicated to a woman who’s got him thoroughly under her spell, before pulling out all the stops for a soulful, self-harmonized hook. Has this smooth, catchy selection left you with butterflies in your stomach? Then don’t miss the rest of the fresh cuts set for inclusion on freshman street album Get Ready, set to hit our front page Wednesday, October 3.
Written by richard on 09/30/12
Submit your Rating
5ive Star Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What They Think" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.