5ive Star’s latest single, Nicki, is all about Ms. Minaj, but the song certainly doesn’t feature her. Although, the eccentric, dizzying Kajmir Royale production does sound like something the YMCMB superstar might use on a record of her own. On the song’s official visuals, 5ive is surrounded by Minaj-ed out ladies, all of whom capture her eccentric facial expressions and style perfectly, as he matches the energy of the beat with a crisp, slightly comedic flow. Additionally, in between hitting home-runs and rocking a hideous pink sweater vest, 5ive even has time for some memorable wordplay, like the title-inspiring “no Nicki, but I got a Minaj”. Nicki, which you can purchase on iTunes, is the latest off of the Cali-born artist’s forthcoming I Am 5ive Star album, coming soon.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/14/13
Submit your Rating
5ive Star Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What They Think" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.