5ive Star’s latest single, Nicki, is all about Ms. Minaj, but the song certainly doesn’t feature her. Although, the eccentric, dizzying Kajmir Royale production does sound like something the YMCMB superstar might use on a record of her own. On the song’s official visuals, 5ive is surrounded by Minaj-ed out ladies, all of whom capture her eccentric facial expressions and style perfectly, as he matches the energy of the beat with a crisp, slightly comedic flow. Additionally, in between hitting home-runs and rocking a hideous pink sweater vest, 5ive even has time for some memorable wordplay, like the title-inspiring “no Nicki, but I got a Minaj”. Nicki, which you can purchase on iTunes, is the latest off of the Cali-born artist’s forthcoming I Am 5ive Star album, coming soon.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/14/13
Submit your Rating
5ive Star Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What They Think" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.