It’s 2003 all over again. Yep, that means gas prices just broke records and hit $2.00. Bron Bron is the first pick in the NBA draft and track number two on 50 Cent’s debut album is the street anthem, What Up Gangsta. Man, I remember eating some General Tso’s chicken, listening to that album for the first time and putting WUG on repeat. Nowadays, I try to avoid Chinese food and LeBron has taken his talents to South Beach, but 50 Cent hasn’t lost his touch when it comes to songwriting skills (even if he doesn’t release as much material anymore). Apparently tired of sitting on the sidelines, Curtis decided to debut What Up Gangsta Pt. 2, a freestyled follow-up his 2003 jam, via ThisIs50.com. Produced by a currently unknown beatsmith, WUG2 is a gully and head-nodding track with distressed synths and piercing drums over which 50 unwarily returns to his street anthem roots. Fiddy himself defines it best - “It’s the return to that gangsta gully sh*t” - and while WUG2 doesn’t appear to be related to a larger project, rest assured that The DJBooth will keep you updated on any developments.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 11/20/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know ft. 50 Cent, Ca$his & Lloyd Banks" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.