It’s 2003 all over again. Yep, that means gas prices just broke records and hit $2.00. Bron Bron is the first pick in the NBA draft and track number two on 50 Cent’s debut album is the street anthem, What Up Gangsta. Man, I remember eating some General Tso’s chicken, listening to that album for the first time and putting WUG on repeat. Nowadays, I try to avoid Chinese food and LeBron has taken his talents to South Beach, but 50 Cent hasn’t lost his touch when it comes to songwriting skills (even if he doesn’t release as much material anymore). Apparently tired of sitting on the sidelines, Curtis decided to debut What Up Gangsta Pt. 2, a freestyled follow-up his 2003 jam, via ThisIs50.com. Produced by a currently unknown beatsmith, WUG2 is a gully and head-nodding track with distressed synths and piercing drums over which 50 unwarily returns to his street anthem roots. Fiddy himself defines it best - “It’s the return to that gangsta gully sh*t” - and while WUG2 doesn’t appear to be related to a larger project, rest assured that The DJBooth will keep you updated on any developments.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 11/20/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know ft. 50 Cent, Ca$his & Lloyd Banks" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.