After the release of his latest single and video Do You Think About Me, it’s clear that 50 Cent wants women to keep him on their mind and hip-hop blogs to keep him posted up on their threads. Never one to shy away from controversy, Think About Me’s video features Fiddy’s ex Vivica Fox and Joe Budden’s ex Tahiry, and the song’s every bit as drama-filled as its visual counterpart. Here 50 ditches his usual “aggressive content” for some silky Rockwilder production as he reflects on a relationship gone sour over the power of a dollar, lining his usually money and power focused rhymes with some real emotion. 50 most prominently shows his softer side on the Governor-assisted chorus, even asking his past love if - despite their break up - she ever thinks about him. Ultimately, the always calculating Mr. Jackson has once again crafted a song that’s sure to keep listeners thinking and talking about him. Question is; will the extra attention make anyone go buy the commercially-underwhelming Before I Self-Destruct?
Written by Quentin Cuff on 01/11/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know ft. 50 Cent, Ca$his & Lloyd Banks" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.