After the release of his latest single and video Do You Think About Me, it’s clear that 50 Cent wants women to keep him on their mind and hip-hop blogs to keep him posted up on their threads. Never one to shy away from controversy, Think About Me’s video features Fiddy’s ex Vivica Fox and Joe Budden’s ex Tahiry, and the song’s every bit as drama-filled as its visual counterpart. Here 50 ditches his usual “aggressive content” for some silky Rockwilder production as he reflects on a relationship gone sour over the power of a dollar, lining his usually money and power focused rhymes with some real emotion. 50 most prominently shows his softer side on the Governor-assisted chorus, even asking his past love if - despite their break up - she ever thinks about him. Ultimately, the always calculating Mr. Jackson has once again crafted a song that’s sure to keep listeners thinking and talking about him. Question is; will the extra attention make anyone go buy the commercially-underwhelming Before I Self-Destruct?
Written by Quentin Cuff on 01/11/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.