After the release of his latest single and video Do You Think About Me, it’s clear that 50 Cent wants women to keep him on their mind and hip-hop blogs to keep him posted up on their threads. Never one to shy away from controversy, Think About Me’s video features Fiddy’s ex Vivica Fox and Joe Budden’s ex Tahiry, and the song’s every bit as drama-filled as its visual counterpart. Here 50 ditches his usual “aggressive content” for some silky Rockwilder production as he reflects on a relationship gone sour over the power of a dollar, lining his usually money and power focused rhymes with some real emotion. 50 most prominently shows his softer side on the Governor-assisted chorus, even asking his past love if - despite their break up - she ever thinks about him. Ultimately, the always calculating Mr. Jackson has once again crafted a song that’s sure to keep listeners thinking and talking about him. Question is; will the extra attention make anyone go buy the commercially-underwhelming Before I Self-Destruct?
Written by Quentin Cuff on 01/11/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.