After the release of his latest single and video Do You Think About Me, it’s clear that 50 Cent wants women to keep him on their mind and hip-hop blogs to keep him posted up on their threads. Never one to shy away from controversy, Think About Me’s video features Fiddy’s ex Vivica Fox and Joe Budden’s ex Tahiry, and the song’s every bit as drama-filled as its visual counterpart. Here 50 ditches his usual “aggressive content” for some silky Rockwilder production as he reflects on a relationship gone sour over the power of a dollar, lining his usually money and power focused rhymes with some real emotion. 50 most prominently shows his softer side on the Governor-assisted chorus, even asking his past love if - despite their break up - she ever thinks about him. Ultimately, the always calculating Mr. Jackson has once again crafted a song that’s sure to keep listeners thinking and talking about him. Question is; will the extra attention make anyone go buy the commercially-underwhelming Before I Self-Destruct?
Written by Quentin Cuff on 01/11/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know ft. 50 Cent, Ca$his & Lloyd Banks" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.