The last time 50 Cent graced the Booth with a solo feature was back in January with the underwhelming Do You Think About Me. Since then the G-Unit leader has filmed a few movies (destined for straight-to-DVD release), promised his Twitter followers he won’t cut his hair until he wraps his next album, and publicly resurfaced at the Eminem/Jay-Z show at Yankee Stadium. Oh, and he also released a finalized (meaning mixed and mastered) version of the previously-leaked They Burned Me. Referred to around the web as a “street single,” a “buzz record,” and a “finished version of an unreleased song,” They Burned Me is a cross between vintage 50 and label-friendly 50. The production, courtesy of newcomers RNO Productions, is built around a soul sample, over which 50 performs some ill-advised crooning. You can tell Curtis is headed back to the streets, which is perfect for longtime fans who have been clamoring for a more jagged Jackson, but the end result is mixed. Though not attached to his forthcoming album at press time, expect to hear more material like They Burned Me in the weeks and months to come.
Written by DJ Z on 09/22/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)