After years of being the perfect match, 50 Cent announced earlier this week that he parted ways with Interscope/Aftermath/Shady in favor of going the independent route. Rather than sitting around moping a The Funeral for his major label days, 50 is right back at it with a brand new video single. Though his label might have changed, he is still the same Fiddy we all know and (mostly) love. Atop Jake One‘s sleuthing, horn-powered boardwork, 50 spits a gritty street tale with his signature slurred flow. It might sound weird but The Funeral is just the start; keep an eye (and ear) on the East Coast veteran as we get closer to the release of Animal Ambition, due out this June.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/21/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know ft. 50 Cent, Ca$his & Lloyd Banks" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)