After years of being the perfect match, 50 Cent announced earlier this week that he parted ways with Interscope/Aftermath/Shady in favor of going the independent route. Rather than sitting around moping a The Funeral for his major label days, 50 is right back at it with a brand new video single. Though his label might have changed, he is still the same Fiddy we all know and (mostly) love. Atop Jake One‘s sleuthing, horn-powered boardwork, 50 spits a gritty street tale with his signature slurred flow. It might sound weird but The Funeral is just the start; keep an eye (and ear) on the East Coast veteran as we get closer to the release of Animal Ambition, due out this June.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/21/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know ft. 50 Cent, Ca$his & Lloyd Banks" (2006)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.