After years of being the perfect match, 50 Cent announced earlier this week that he parted ways with Interscope/Aftermath/Shady in favor of going the independent route. Rather than sitting around moping a The Funeral for his major label days, 50 is right back at it with a brand new video single. Though his label might have changed, he is still the same Fiddy we all know and (mostly) love. Atop Jake One‘s sleuthing, horn-powered boardwork, 50 spits a gritty street tale with his signature slurred flow. It might sound weird but The Funeral is just the start; keep an eye (and ear) on the East Coast veteran as we get closer to the release of Animal Ambition, due out this June.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/21/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know ft. 50 Cent, Ca$his & Lloyd Banks" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.