So, did anyone else see the trailer for Real Steel and immediately think to yourself, “Huh? They’re making a Rock ‘Em Sock ‘Em Robots movie?!” And did you then feel slightly let down upon realizing that it wasn’t, in fact, a Rock ‘Em, Sock ‘Em Robots movie? Oh well, a man can dream. That disappointment aside, we can at least expect some appropriately hype music to back up the generic, non-branded robot-pummeling action. The latest single off the soundtrack LP finds rap mogul 50 Cent issuing a challenge to all comers: “Who wanna play with The Enforcer?” The question is, of course, a rhetorical one. Over The Cataracs’ bone-crunching percussion and syncopated synth buzzes, the G-Unit head honcho goes on to explain that “everything I do is something you want to, but you don’t do things that I do, ‘cause you ain’t got the heart to.” No doubt about it, the record packs a mean punch; if you’re digging it, you can look forward to more bruising tunes when the soundtrack hits stores Oct. 4 via Interscope/DreamWorks. Also, keep it locked for release details on 50’s own untitled/unscheduled forthcoming full-length.
Written by richard on 09/29/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.