So, did anyone else see the trailer for Real Steel and immediately think to yourself, “Huh? They’re making a Rock ‘Em Sock ‘Em Robots movie?!” And did you then feel slightly let down upon realizing that it wasn’t, in fact, a Rock ‘Em, Sock ‘Em Robots movie? Oh well, a man can dream. That disappointment aside, we can at least expect some appropriately hype music to back up the generic, non-branded robot-pummeling action. The latest single off the soundtrack LP finds rap mogul 50 Cent issuing a challenge to all comers: “Who wanna play with The Enforcer?” The question is, of course, a rhetorical one. Over The Cataracs’ bone-crunching percussion and syncopated synth buzzes, the G-Unit head honcho goes on to explain that “everything I do is something you want to, but you don’t do things that I do, ‘cause you ain’t got the heart to.” No doubt about it, the record packs a mean punch; if you’re digging it, you can look forward to more bruising tunes when the soundtrack hits stores Oct. 4 via Interscope/DreamWorks. Also, keep it locked for release details on 50’s own untitled/unscheduled forthcoming full-length.
Written by richard on 09/29/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know ft. 50 Cent, Ca$his & Lloyd Banks" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.