So, did anyone else see the trailer for Real Steel and immediately think to yourself, “Huh? They’re making a Rock ‘Em Sock ‘Em Robots movie?!” And did you then feel slightly let down upon realizing that it wasn’t, in fact, a Rock ‘Em, Sock ‘Em Robots movie? Oh well, a man can dream. That disappointment aside, we can at least expect some appropriately hype music to back up the generic, non-branded robot-pummeling action. The latest single off the soundtrack LP finds rap mogul 50 Cent issuing a challenge to all comers: “Who wanna play with The Enforcer?” The question is, of course, a rhetorical one. Over The Cataracs’ bone-crunching percussion and syncopated synth buzzes, the G-Unit head honcho goes on to explain that “everything I do is something you want to, but you don’t do things that I do, ‘cause you ain’t got the heart to.” No doubt about it, the record packs a mean punch; if you’re digging it, you can look forward to more bruising tunes when the soundtrack hits stores Oct. 4 via Interscope/DreamWorks. Also, keep it locked for release details on 50’s own untitled/unscheduled forthcoming full-length.
Written by richard on 09/29/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know ft. 50 Cent, Ca$his & Lloyd Banks" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.