Way back in 2002, a pre-stardom Curtis James Jackson and his G-Unit colleagues made their mixtape debut with 50 Cent Is the Future. Nearly 10 years later, the emcee has fulfilled that title’s promise and then some, achieving household-name status in the rap game and building a vast business empire to boot. To celebrate a decade of domination, Fitty’s going back to his hard-nosed roots on a fresh street release, the inaugural leak off which finds him taunting his enemies with a sarcastic “Stop Crying.” Booth fave !llmind mans the boards, layering ominous synth squelches over gritty boom-bap percussion as the rapper unloads his bloodiest lyrical ammunition: “That first body drop, we just getting started / Death come in threes / AR15, M16, semi-automatic murder machine / Wave that, blaze that, give a n*gga wings / When that blade enter flesh it’s an emergency…” He even includes a nod to Snoop‘s similarly macabre classic, spitting, “Attempted murder is the case that they gave me / Nine bullet wounds, now a n*gga half crazy.” Like what you’re hearing? You can expect plenty more lyrical carnage where this came from on 50’s yet-unscheduled The Big 10 tape - keep it locked for release details!
Written by richard on 11/29/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.