Way back in 2002, a pre-stardom Curtis James Jackson and his G-Unit colleagues made their mixtape debut with 50 Cent Is the Future. Nearly 10 years later, the emcee has fulfilled that title’s promise and then some, achieving household-name status in the rap game and building a vast business empire to boot. To celebrate a decade of domination, Fitty’s going back to his hard-nosed roots on a fresh street release, the inaugural leak off which finds him taunting his enemies with a sarcastic “Stop Crying.” Booth fave !llmind mans the boards, layering ominous synth squelches over gritty boom-bap percussion as the rapper unloads his bloodiest lyrical ammunition: “That first body drop, we just getting started / Death come in threes / AR15, M16, semi-automatic murder machine / Wave that, blaze that, give a n*gga wings / When that blade enter flesh it’s an emergency…” He even includes a nod to Snoop‘s similarly macabre classic, spitting, “Attempted murder is the case that they gave me / Nine bullet wounds, now a n*gga half crazy.” Like what you’re hearing? You can expect plenty more lyrical carnage where this came from on 50’s yet-unscheduled The Big 10 tape - keep it locked for release details!
Written by richard on 11/29/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know ft. 50 Cent, Ca$his & Lloyd Banks" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.