50 Cent has been dropping bangers left and right lately; In the last four weeks and change, he’s blessed our pages with The Funeral, Hold On, Don’t Worry Bout It and Pilot, all of which earned above-average reviews from our readership. Rather than resting on his laurels, though, Curtis Jackson decided to squeeze one last single in before month’s end. This cut finds the G-Unit capo paying tribute to a woman who’s more intoxicating than a great big lungful of Smoke. I’m not sure whether the shawty in question will appreciate being compared to poisonous fumes; in all probability, though, she’ll be too busy vibing out to Dr. Dre and Dawaun Parker‘s catchy synth beat to take offense. Trey Songz enhances the record’s already-prodigious pop appeal with a smooth guest hook. Will 50 continue his trend of weekly releases all the way up to the June 3, arrival of his first indie full-length, Animal Ambition? We can only hope. Either way, we in the Booth will keep you supplied with all the latest on the highly-anticipated set.
Written by richard on 04/1/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know ft. 50 Cent, Ca$his & Lloyd Banks" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.