50 Cent has been dropping bangers left and right lately; In the last four weeks and change, he’s blessed our pages with The Funeral, Hold On, Don’t Worry Bout It and Pilot, all of which earned above-average reviews from our readership. Rather than resting on his laurels, though, Curtis Jackson decided to squeeze one last single in before month’s end. This cut finds the G-Unit capo paying tribute to a woman who’s more intoxicating than a great big lungful of Smoke. I’m not sure whether the shawty in question will appreciate being compared to poisonous fumes; in all probability, though, she’ll be too busy vibing out to Dr. Dre and Dawaun Parker‘s catchy synth beat to take offense. Trey Songz enhances the record’s already-prodigious pop appeal with a smooth guest hook. Will 50 continue his trend of weekly releases all the way up to the June 3, arrival of his first indie full-length, Animal Ambition? We can only hope. Either way, we in the Booth will keep you supplied with all the latest on the highly-anticipated set.
Written by richard on 04/1/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)