50 Cent has been dropping bangers left and right lately; In the last four weeks and change, he’s blessed our pages with The Funeral, Hold On, Don’t Worry Bout It and Pilot, all of which earned above-average reviews from our readership. Rather than resting on his laurels, though, Curtis Jackson decided to squeeze one last single in before month’s end. This cut finds the G-Unit capo paying tribute to a woman who’s more intoxicating than a great big lungful of Smoke. I’m not sure whether the shawty in question will appreciate being compared to poisonous fumes; in all probability, though, she’ll be too busy vibing out to Dr. Dre and Dawaun Parker‘s catchy synth beat to take offense. Trey Songz enhances the record’s already-prodigious pop appeal with a smooth guest hook. Will 50 continue his trend of weekly releases all the way up to the June 3, arrival of his first indie full-length, Animal Ambition? We can only hope. Either way, we in the Booth will keep you supplied with all the latest on the highly-anticipated set.
Written by richard on 04/1/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.