Trying to get the creative juices flowing as he waits for the perpetually-delayed Before I Self Destruct to finally drop, 50 Cent has decided to return to the gritty underground style that first earned him respect in the NYC streets. To that end, he will be releasing three underground, pre-album mixtapes—the first of which, the War Angel LP, hits the Net on Tuesday at 9PM EST. 50’s hardcore roots are on full display on the LP’s third track, Redrum (Murder). I dare you to name another rapper who can put together lyrics as grimy and hard-hitting as the rhymes 50 spits over Nascent and QB Da Problem‘s sample of LaToya Jackson’s Does It Really Matter! Though the War Angel LP‘s tagline warns us to “Prepare for Total Destruction,” a more realistic outcome would be the restoration of 50 Cent’s alienated fanbase—something he desperately needs in anticipation of his fourth LP’s tentative September release.
Written by Burmy on 06/15/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.