Trying to get the creative juices flowing as he waits for the perpetually-delayed Before I Self Destruct to finally drop, 50 Cent has decided to return to the gritty underground style that first earned him respect in the NYC streets. To that end, he will be releasing three underground, pre-album mixtapes—the first of which, the War Angel LP, hits the Net on Tuesday at 9PM EST. 50’s hardcore roots are on full display on the LP’s third track, Redrum (Murder). I dare you to name another rapper who can put together lyrics as grimy and hard-hitting as the rhymes 50 spits over Nascent and QB Da Problem‘s sample of LaToya Jackson’s Does It Really Matter! Though the War Angel LP‘s tagline warns us to “Prepare for Total Destruction,” a more realistic outcome would be the restoration of 50 Cent’s alienated fanbase—something he desperately needs in anticipation of his fourth LP’s tentative September release.
Written by Burmy on 06/15/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.