I will admit that while 50 Cent taking on Alicia Keys’ uber-uplifting New Day was a bit of a shock to the system, the end result is a quite noteworthy single. On top of a feature verse from Dr. Dre, New Day is said to have also been produced by The Doctor and mixed by fellow Shady boss Eminem (Alicia Keys’ original version of New Day was wrongfully credited to hubby Swizz Beatz). Serving as a possible sneak peak (fingers crossed) of what’s to come on the icon’s long awaited Detox album, Dre’s verse on New Day is strikingly solid. On his past releases, Fif has remained relatively hit or miss lyrically, but with New Day he takes on both his verses with the vigor of an emcee that has got something to prove. Lookout for New Day on 50’s forthcoming Street King Immortal, his final album at Interscope, due out this fall.
Written by Danielle H. on 07/29/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)