After allegedly catching upwards of nine bullets, you’d think that nothing could rattle 50 Cent‘s cage. Apparently, though, the otherwise intrepid street soldier retains a childhood fear of monsters under the bed; on his latest mixtape single, Fitty begs his girl to Leave the Lights On so that he can slumber peacefully. In other news, I’m a g*ddamn liar, and nothing I just wrote has anything to do with the record in question… but I had you going there, didn’t I? Maybe not. In reality, of course, the rapper is keeping his bedroom well-illuminated because, when you’ve got a physique like Curtis or his main squeeze, f**king in the dark just seems like a waste. The first and only single release off 50’s latest mixtape, this cut finds Trox chopping and looping a swaggering blues/funk sample as the G-Unit general gets freaky on the mic. How freaky? Though he admits “I ain’t into alla that S&M sh*t,” he tantalizes his partner with the possibility he “might leave [his] socks on sexin’, oh heavens!” (I swear, that part I didn’t make up.) Has this illuminating sex jam left you fiending for more? Seek and ye shall find on 50’s 5 (Murder by Numbers) LP, set for release this Friday via ThisIs50.com.
Written by richard on 07/5/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.