Outlaw, the lead single off 50 Cent‘s yet-untitled fifth album, was heralded by an overwhelming majority of Booth readers as a fresh return to form for the NYC underground mainstay. But, sadly, critical acclaim ain’t always enough to get an LP onto store shelves, and the record failed to score Fitty a solid release date for the project. On newly-released follow-up I’m on It (previously leaked in an unfinished version, but presented here in its completed single form), the artist turns his attention to the clubs, looking to craft a cut electrifying enough to get bodies moving on the dancefloor and catchy enough to revolve in their heads nonstop the following day. West Coast crew The Cataracs depart from the summery vibes of their recent work, cooking up a sparse, stuttering synth beat (complete with the obligatory hypnotically-repeated vocal sample) to back the G-Unit general as he busts out his most swagger-drenched flows. So, Booth readers, is this club banger the smash-hit 50 needs in order to get the go-ahead from the label brass? If so, keep it locked for all the latest on the album, as well as copping the record when it hits iTunes August 16.
Written by richard on 08/3/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know ft. 50 Cent, Ca$his & Lloyd Banks" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.