Outlaw, the lead single off 50 Cent‘s yet-untitled fifth album, was heralded by an overwhelming majority of Booth readers as a fresh return to form for the NYC underground mainstay. But, sadly, critical acclaim ain’t always enough to get an LP onto store shelves, and the record failed to score Fitty a solid release date for the project. On newly-released follow-up I’m on It (previously leaked in an unfinished version, but presented here in its completed single form), the artist turns his attention to the clubs, looking to craft a cut electrifying enough to get bodies moving on the dancefloor and catchy enough to revolve in their heads nonstop the following day. West Coast crew The Cataracs depart from the summery vibes of their recent work, cooking up a sparse, stuttering synth beat (complete with the obligatory hypnotically-repeated vocal sample) to back the G-Unit general as he busts out his most swagger-drenched flows. So, Booth readers, is this club banger the smash-hit 50 needs in order to get the go-ahead from the label brass? If so, keep it locked for all the latest on the album, as well as copping the record when it hits iTunes August 16.
Written by richard on 08/3/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.