Say what you want about 50 Cent, but you can’t deny the man has a knack for writing extremely catchy choruses. Roughly a decade later, I guarantee you still sing along with all the hooks on Get Rich or Die Tryin’. Although 50 may not be on top of the Rap world like he was in the mid-2000s, he hasn’t lost the touch when it comes to hook-writing, and he’s consistently proven that with recent feature Girls Go Wild and new catalog addition, I Just Wanna, his new single from December’s The Big 10 mixtape. Produced by D.R.U.G.S., I Just Wanna flips 1975’s smash That’s The Way by KC & The Sunshine Band and brings it into modern times by creating an energetic track that Curtis rides like a magic carpet. Along with fellow G-Unit member Tony Yayo, the two team up to tell you (as in the women listeners out there) about their “intentions.” Both emcees get straight to the point and hold nothing back, a character trait we can all respect…almost as much as we can respect a catchy hook.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 01/20/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know ft. 50 Cent, Ca$his & Lloyd Banks" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.