Say what you want about 50 Cent, but you can’t deny the man has a knack for writing extremely catchy choruses. Roughly a decade later, I guarantee you still sing along with all the hooks on Get Rich or Die Tryin’. Although 50 may not be on top of the Rap world like he was in the mid-2000s, he hasn’t lost the touch when it comes to hook-writing, and he’s consistently proven that with recent feature Girls Go Wild and new catalog addition, I Just Wanna, his new single from December’s The Big 10 mixtape. Produced by D.R.U.G.S., I Just Wanna flips 1975’s smash That’s The Way by KC & The Sunshine Band and brings it into modern times by creating an energetic track that Curtis rides like a magic carpet. Along with fellow G-Unit member Tony Yayo, the two team up to tell you (as in the women listeners out there) about their “intentions.” Both emcees get straight to the point and hold nothing back, a character trait we can all respect…almost as much as we can respect a catchy hook.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 01/20/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.