As the saying goes, if you scratch my back I’ll scratch yours. Unless you’re a rapper, in which case it’s more like “if you guest on my track I’ll guest on yours.” Six months after 50 Cent contributed some high libido lyrics to Down on Me, Jeremih returns the favor for his latest solo effort, Girls Go Wild, a single that could serve as the soundtrack to the “college coeds flashing the camera after one too many shots of raspberry Vodka” video series of nearly the same name. Producer Mike Will crafts a beat that somehow slides from music box bells to booty clapping bass to house music synths. It’s an eclectic blend that Jeremih sounds at home on, laying down an opening verse and hook dedicated to….well, you know….while 50 goes back to his “I’m technically rapping but I’m basically singing” style, reminding the ladies of the world that he’s got more diamonds in his pinky ring than most rappers have in their lives. Girls Go Wild is potentially the lead single off 50’s upcoming Black Magic album – whether it goes from “potential” to “definite” will depend on your ratings and comments. Have at it people.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/2/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know ft. 50 Cent, Ca$his & Lloyd Banks" (2006)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.