As the saying goes, if you scratch my back I’ll scratch yours. Unless you’re a rapper, in which case it’s more like “if you guest on my track I’ll guest on yours.” Six months after 50 Cent contributed some high libido lyrics to Down on Me, Jeremih returns the favor for his latest solo effort, Girls Go Wild, a single that could serve as the soundtrack to the “college coeds flashing the camera after one too many shots of raspberry Vodka” video series of nearly the same name. Producer Mike Will crafts a beat that somehow slides from music box bells to booty clapping bass to house music synths. It’s an eclectic blend that Jeremih sounds at home on, laying down an opening verse and hook dedicated to….well, you know….while 50 goes back to his “I’m technically rapping but I’m basically singing” style, reminding the ladies of the world that he’s got more diamonds in his pinky ring than most rappers have in their lives. Girls Go Wild is potentially the lead single off 50’s upcoming Black Magic album – whether it goes from “potential” to “definite” will depend on your ratings and comments. Have at it people.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/2/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.